Featured Post

TOS (READ BEFORE INQUIRING ABOUT COMMISSIONS)

1. Written content provided will not be altered without review and approval from the writer. This extends to any changes in wording, formatt...

Tuesday, July 14, 2026

Sunken Pearl Logbook Entry

 //-- UES OOS DATABASE INITIALIZING... --//

>> ENTER LOGIN...
> USERNAME:
ICurie
> PASSWORD:
**************

>> LOGIN SUCCESSFUL

>> ENTER COMMAND OR TYPE 'help' FOR LIST OF COMMANDS
>
newentry

>> ENTER TITLE FOR NEW ENTRY
> '
'OOS-0718''

>> ENTER ACQUISITION CONDITIONS FOR NEW ENTRY
>
I was approached in the lab by the hooded woman whom I had met previously, formerly accompanying the imp. I had noticed her wandering around the hallway outside for upwards of an hour. Turns out, she was waiting for me to get freed up before saddling me with another sample. I very much appreciate that, actually. She was a joy to work with. Dutifully answered all my questions about where it was found and what she knew about its effects. We even joked around about the mishaps with her other teammates. She stuck around while I did my testing, observing intently and offering further insights I hadn't considered. I couldn't build a better lab assistant than her. If I had it my way, she would give me all the specimens her team finds.

Specimen was transferred to a standard OOS container. No observed challenges with containment.


>> ENTER DESCRIPTION FOR NEW ENTRY
>
Object of Study resembles a very large pearl. Similar to ones other teams have recovered from the planet's moon, but darker in hue and cold to the touch. Neither of us have found any concrete examples of anomalous effects caused by the specimen. Whatever it's made of, it is exceedingly durable. No tool in my lab was able to put a scratch, dent, or break in it. Against my better judgment, I also placed it within the effective area of an 0717 disintegration. No effect whatsoever. Not worth another hole in my desk. I was also alerted to a pattern underneath the lacquered layers that resembles an eye, which appears to move to point towards the observer. That aspect... must be an optical illusion, I'm sure.
 
>> ENTRY SUCCESSFULLY REGISTERED
>> LOGGING OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment