Featured Post

TOS (READ BEFORE INQUIRING ABOUT COMMISSIONS)

1. Written content provided will not be altered without review and approval from the writer. This extends to any changes in wording, formatt...

Tuesday, July 14, 2026

Barreleye Lens Logbook Entry

//-- UES OOS DATABASE INITIALIZING... --//

>> ENTER LOGIN...
> USERNAME:
ICurie
> PASSWORD:
**************

>> LOGIN SUCCESSFUL

>> ENTER COMMAND OR TYPE 'help' FOR LIST OF COMMANDS
>
newentry

>> ENTER TITLE FOR NEW ENTRY
> '
'OOS-0717''

>> ENTER ACQUISITION CONDITIONS FOR NEW ENTRY
>
I was in the lab mopping up 0714's secretions when I was startled by a loud metal clanging on my door. Did you know this whole 'acquisition conditions' section was made for fieldwork? A very large, very spiky man stood at the threshold and silently handed me the specimen. I asked my usual battery of questions, and received naught but grunts in response. 

Specimen was stored in a standard OOS container and for once, has yet to pose any resistance or difficulty in containment. However, due to the nature of the specimen, handling and testing is under the highest quarantine level.


>> ENTER DESCRIPTION FOR NEW ENTRY
>
Object of Study resembles a pair of glasses, but very far removed from the design and function you might see back home. The specimen's structure contains multiple lenses and moving parts that I cannot fully discern. Wearing the glasses and looking at organic or animate objects intermittently produces a small detonation. This is not an explosion, but something more akin to spontaneous disintegration in the given area. My desk now wobbles thanks to my deleting one of the corners where the table leg attaches. Due to the destructive potential of this specimen, I refuse to partake in further testing for the foreseeable future. Requisitions would have my head if I needed another new desk.

>> ENTRY SUCCESSFULLY REGISTERED
>> LOGGING OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment