Featured Post

TOS (READ BEFORE INQUIRING ABOUT COMMISSIONS)

1. Written content provided will not be altered without review and approval from the writer. This extends to any changes in wording, formatt...

Wednesday, July 15, 2026

Hadal Tide Logbook Entry

 //-- UES OOS DATABASE INITIALIZING... --//

>> ENTER LOGIN...
> USERNAME:
ICurie
> PASSWORD:
**************

>> LOGIN SUCCESSFUL

>> ENTER COMMAND OR TYPE 'help' FOR LIST OF COMMANDS
>
newentry

>> ENTER TITLE FOR NEW ENTRY
>
''OOS-0721''

>> ENTER ACQUISITION CONDITIONS FOR NEW ENTRY
>
The Commando and the Goobo showed up at the crack of dawn, presenting me with yet another specimen. Brass should have given me a punch card. The Commando explained over the Goobo's 'ooh's and 'ahh's that this thing had kept the two of them up all night. The pace of his speech slowed and quickened in turn as he answered my questions, much to his own very vocal annoyance. The Goobo seemed crestfallen after I took hold of it. This feels like taking a kid's favorite toy away. I don't like it. Specimen was placed in a standard OOS container, but moderate difficulties handling and transporting were very swiftly observed.

>> ENTER DESCRIPTION FOR NEW ENTRY
>
Object of Study resembles a wave, frozen in purple glass. The object appears to dilate time for objects it's in contact with. Time slows, then accelerates in turn as one remains in contact with it. Curiously, the effect is reversed for outside observers and the ones affected. As I tested with the hooded woman, the dilation affects the senses as well as actions. As I 'slow down' from holding it, the outside world appears to move faster, and vice versa. Naturally, this is very disorienting for those affected. I can see why the Commando wanted rid of it. What I wanna know is why the Goobo liked it so much. A question for another day, as the coffee maker got destroyed by 0720 and I wake up in another 3 or so hours without it. Thinking comes later. Aside from mild difficulty in transport, containment offers no challenges.

>> ENTRY SUCCESSFULLY REGISTERED
>> LOGGING OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment