Featured Post

TOS (READ BEFORE INQUIRING ABOUT COMMISSIONS)

1. Written content provided will not be altered without review and approval from the writer. This extends to any changes in wording, formatt...

Tuesday, July 14, 2026

Timeless Tentacle Logbook Entry

 //-- UES OOS DATABASE INITIALIZING... --//

>> ENTER LOGIN...
> USERNAME:
ICurie
> PASSWORD:
**************

>> LOGIN SUCCESSFUL

>> ENTER COMMAND OR TYPE 'help' FOR LIST OF COMMANDS
>
newentry

>> ENTER TITLE FOR NEW ENTRY
>
''OOS-0716''

>> ENTER ACQUISITION CONDITIONS FOR NEW ENTRY
>
I was awoken in the night - after what I later calculated to be 115 seconds of sleep - by an urgent call to my transmitter. The man with the purple armor and large backpack was panicked and barged into Medical with a tentacle attached to his person. Due to the nature of the object, I obviously had to be bothered about the situation, regardless of biological needs such as sleep or nourishment. He was transferred over to my lab, flailing and screaming the whole way, until he was deposited at my doorstep. I say 'deposited' because he was much too hysterical to stand or act willfully. A knee planted into his chest and a repurposed paint scraper swiftly liberated the specimen from his armor, and into a standard OOS container it went. Unfortunately, the tentacle has other plans and seeks at all costs to not be in said standard OOS container, constantly trying to escape and being very successful in doing so. Filing a request for more secure containers for use in OOS research.

>> ENTER DESCRIPTION FOR NEW ENTRY
>
Object of Study resembles a disembodied tentacle that matches no known cephalopod species on record. It terminates in a sucker that one might find on a leech, capable of digging its teeth into hardened ceramic alloy armor, as was demonstrated by the 'patient'. The tentacle is manifestly alive, aware, and aggressive. As such, I suffered multiple wounds and wet slaps in my attempts to keep the specimen contained. Attempts have not yet been made to dispatch the specimen in order to glean as much data as possible while it still lives. When the time comes to do so, I think I will very much enjoy it. Specimen has not shown a need for food or water, and it has yet to run out of energy or anger.

>> ENTRY SUCCESSFULLY REGISTERED
>> LOGGING OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment