Featured Post

TOS (READ BEFORE INQUIRING ABOUT COMMISSIONS)

1. Written content provided will not be altered without review and approval from the writer. This extends to any changes in wording, formatt...

Friday, June 19, 2026

Neuromancer Logbook Entry

//-- INITALIZING --
//-- WELCOME TO UESNET MESSAGE CENTER --//

>> ENTER LOGIN...
> USERNAME:
CMoore@uesnet.local
> PASSWORD: ***********

>> LOGIN SUCCESSFUL

>> YOU HAVE... FOUR MESSAGES IN YOUR INBOX. 
>> ENTER COMMAND OR TYPE 'help' FOR LIST OF COMMANDS...
>
view


>> MESSAGE FROM: 'Liss'
>> MESSAGE BODY:
Hey, cath. I've been trying to get in contact but recently, doctors have been calling me nonstop about you. All of them about 'notifying the emergency contact' for all these different procedures... It's got me and mom worried sick! What on earth have you been getting yourself into ever since leaving on that mission? I just... hope you're doing alright out there. I know, I know I shouldn't worry so much but I just feel like I have to, you know? Especially sinc-
>> DELETE MESSAGE? Y/N...
>
y


>> MESSAGE FROM: Unknown Sender
>> MESSAGE BODY:
Hey Cat! It's been a while yeah? Just thought I'd catch up,, last I heard from you was like a few months back? Said you were going under the knife to get some crazy new tech installled. CYBORG CATHERINE THE DESTROYER!!! lmao maybe you;ll come home looking like one of those model kits we used to build.

I hope it all went well, I hadn't heard from yo since then so I just thought I'd check in. Hit me back sometime yeah? I'll buy the first round when you get home, yeah? You've got my detai-
>> DELETE MESSAGE? Y/N...
>
y



>> MESSAGE FROM: 'Mom'
>> MESSAGE BODY:
hi catherine
this is your mother ive been sending message after message trying to get in touch with you ... i even asked alice to send one as well ... i know youre busy but this is urgent ... i wish i could give you better news about-
>> DELETE MESSAGE? Y/N...
>
y


>> MESSAGE FROM: You (CMoore@uesnet.local)
>> MESSAGE BODY:
I do not know if I really need to be saying this to myself, but my apprehension about the procedure demands that I do something. The list of potential side effects and all of the ways an implant rejection might express itself was... concerning, to say the least. To say a little more, it's got me chewing my fingernails down to the bone.

I think... I just need to write something down. Maybe getting it out of my head will ease my mind a little. A bit of proof that I existed. That way, this can remain as a last record of me as I was - before the augmentations. In case it isn't... me that wakes up in the medbay afterwards.

I am Catherine Moore.
I am a UES physicist.
I am proud of my work.
I love my family.
I am happy.
I hope this is all still true tomorrow.

Wish me luck.
>> END OF MESSAGE.

>> DELETE MESSAGE? Y/N...
>
y



>> NO INBOX MESSAGES REMAINING


Are you sure you want to delete all of these?.. They seemed important.

''Hm? Just clearing up some storage space. If I say I want something gone, that means I want it gone.''

No comments:

Post a Comment